Edgell Communications, Inc. and Edgell Publications, Inc. (referred to as “Edgell” or "we") operates through nine separate brands: RIS News; Hospitality Technology; Consumer Goods Technology; Greetings, Etc.; Apparel; Selling Christmas Decorations; Vertical Systems Reseller; Selling Halloween; and Mobile Enterprise. Each brand focuses on the needs of its specific community of technology professionals or other specialized community with shared interests and responsibilities.
Information That Identifies You
We rely primarily on the information you provide to us – as you register for access online, register to participate in face-to-face events, subscribe to print publications and/or email newsletters, participate in surveys, post to public areas of and interact with our web sites, respond to our email campaigns, and participate in webcasts or online events. We may also add data from external sources to the information which you have given us, for example, additional details about the company which you designate as your employer. We will add information about how you interact with our offerings – your subscriptions, the events you attend, and the like.
We may work to expand our communities by acquiring names and contact details from other sources that have compiled contact information. This information might be public information or data you provided with necessary and proper permissions. We may also invite you to join our communities via third party social and professional networking sites.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We also gather date, time, certain information about a user's browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We use this information for our internal audit log, for trend analysis and system administration, and to gather broad information about our audiences and their geographic locations.
We allow our advertisers to serve third-party advertising displayed on our sites. Their cookies may allow those advertisers to display ads to you once you have left our web pages. The ad servers we use as well as those used by third party advertisers may also read routine information about your browsers and system configuration to manage ad frequency and serve ads in a format most compatible with your system.
How We Use Information About You
We use information about you:
- To provide the services, publications, and information you request and to manage your account with us.
- To deliver or display personalized content that matches your professional goals and responsibilities.
- To contact you with information about and invitations for products and services – ours and other companies' - directed to your professional goals and responsibilities.
- To offer you opportunities to connect directly with your peers and with sellers of technology that may be of interest to you.
- For any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information or to which you consent.
You have a choice about and control over:
Connecting directly with other companies for marketing purposes . In addition to providing you with our own editorial content, we offer you the opportunity to access others' branded content and product information. When you choose to take advantage of that content or information, you choose to have your name and contact details transferred directly to that other company. We will provide your contact information to another company or companies when you choose to:
- Sign-in to one of our online properties to access registration-required, or “gated” content. Access to gated resources provided or sponsored by another company is contingent on your agreement that your contact details may be shared with the other company. We may track your interest in that company's content or our own content over time and disclose your ongoing interest to that company.
- Register for a specific webcast, online event, web site, newsletter, or other offering which is sponsored or co-sponsored by another company or companies.
- Attend one of our face-to-face events. Exhibitors may be given an attendance list for the event. A sponsor of a special, sponsored conference session will also be given information about you if you choose to attend that company's session. Your future interaction with online content from an exhibitor or sponsor to whom you provided your contact data to may also be tracked and disclosed to that exhibitor or sponsor.
Receiving email marketing messages from us. You may opt-out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails and newsletters. Please note that we have a number of brands and promotional email vehicles and allow you to opt-out selectively. You may view and modify all of your email preferences using your preferences page available on each Edgell web site. To remove a specific email address from all email marketing from Edgell, you may also send a request to email@example.com .
Whether your account information is up to date. Please help us keep your account information up to date. You may manage or update your online registration and print subscriptions by following the link to your preference page after you have logged on to any Edgell web site.
More Information About Cookies
You also have choices about cookies: We place cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on our behalf, for the following purposes:
- To recognize you automatically when you return to a gated web site.
- To understand your interests in content, both our own and that of other companies, on our web sites.
- To control access to gated online events such as webcasts.
- To provide automatic access to our gated content via email communications sent directly to you.
You may use the tools in your browser to decline, disable, or delete any cookies.
If you decline, disable, or delete the session cookie for one of our gated sites you may remain on the site but you will not be able to access or download any gated content or access your personalized online preferences page. You must also accept the session cookie used to manage access to registration-only online events for the duration of your participation.
Disclosure of Information About You
We reserve the right to disclose information about you to third parties in certain circumstances: to vendors that work on our behalf, to law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process, to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or our merger of business assets.
Data Security and Integrity
We take appropriate and industry-standard administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. While we do work hard to protect your privacy, no method of security is 100% effective and we cannot be responsible for the actions of those who may gain unauthorized access to your personal information. Edgell makes no warranties, express, implied or otherwise as to the ultimate effectiveness of these measures. You remain responsible for protecting your sign-in credentials and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
We also take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and current, however we depend upon you to update or correct your information whenever necessary.
Our products, services, events, and offerings are directed to professionals only. Children under the age of eighteen (18) are not eligible to use our sites and must not submit any personal information to us.
Revised: January TEXT
How to Contact Us
firstname.lastname@example.org , or
Edgell Communications, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Dept.
4 Middlebury Blvd.
Randolph , NJ 07869-1111